Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Splash Into the Water

Ahh, finally I'm going to write something about local politics here and maybe for the last time too because - echoing Bangku - it's not worth it. I'm just not the type who likes to open hours of sembang kopi politik unless I find you un-extremist (if such word exists at all). Since most people are extremists, I find political talk as useless - people just enjoy the ego match.

Now there is this big issue about PAS bastardizing itself. Well, if you talk to any pro-PKR person, that's what they will tell you. If you talk to those people in PAS who are pro-unity government talk, they will say Mosses a.s. was commanded to go to Pharaoh and speak to him a gentle word (20:44). It is as if they have never heard of that verse before... I guess PAS is feeling the heat of the diversity within itself. From my observation,the main premises of arguments are the racial issue and of course everybody's personal interest. The pro-PKR people will say some people in PAS want to join the 'Malay chauvinist' bandwagon. Yada... yada... The "Islamdom" talk becomes just a background noise because if both parties are honest with themselves: That is not the issue.

From the look of it, we still have a long way to go before we resolve these patty ethno-religious issue. Till then, no politicking on this blog for me. Wait until the newspaper is full of issues regarding education, development, economic policy, and not these... 'things'. I tell you what, these 'things' go round and round forever, every post will sound just like the last one.

Note1: So... Do I work to achieve that new world? Which side? You don't need to know my partisanship because I am even confused myself.

Note2: As for Iran, I am still gathering my intelligence. Thanks nasri for the wake up call.

Note3: As for SIS, listen to him, he engages them firsthand. As for my view, here. I understand the uneasiness, but let's be a bit gentle.

No comments:

Post a Comment