Tuesday, May 12, 2009

No, I'm Real

The speaker eloquently layed out his menifesto.

"... I will use the money wisely. Last time around I didn't know we have so much money and we can actually use this money to do these things."

I sat there, wondering how should I compute these words and how should I feel. I scrutinized his face, waiting if he would make an eye contact with me, but I guess the audience engulfed him.

"Remember I used to hold events last time around? I didn't know about this. So now that I know, I can ensure you we will spend them wisely."

I just wished I was Howard Roark - completely emotionless and completely unaffected by other people. I felt like shouting, "I've told you, I've asked you, I was even there and you said it's a hassle and you didn't need it." I closed my eyes and told myself, "Let go, ego, shut up."

"The budgets were all approximate..."

I just sat my eyes on the face, waiting for any sign of guilt to show, but it never came. In my head, "That's not true, but we know..." Ahh, I just kept quiet, as I usually do. And I wonder, "Is this pretension?" The other voice in my head shouted "No, I'm real."

PS: This is just a self made-up drama. Nobody should ever link it with anything real. I like drama when I'm in my 'fiction mode'. Random imaginary thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment