Sunday, February 22, 2009

I think...

I think it is very hard to put full trust in His plan. I mean, it takes a lot of spiritual struggle to do that. We often worry about the future more than we should, especially about things that are just beyond our control. The end result, we get emo about a plethora of nonsensical things. We almost never get this logic: Some things are not good for us, even though we are crazy about them. Even if we do get it – at times – that is only after reality came crushing to the floor.

I think I don’t fully understand trust vis-à-vis other people either (just yet). Maybe I am a paranoid.

I think it is very hard to be grateful too. We always have a wish-list, but never a have-had-list. Often, we think we deserve certain things… We deserve? One day at school, I saw this young guy with fine bearing and well-dressed, walking with a wooden stick. It hit me: I don’t need a stick to walk, but I worship myself…

I think if we have no love in our hearts, we are scary beings. But we backbite each other everyday. Therefore, we don’t love our brothers and sisters. Even if we say we do, that is just lip-service.

Having said all that, I think we should realize that nobody is perfect. If we make that the basis of our relationship with people, then we will be successful.

2 comments:

  1. I think.... you think too much :)

    "It hit me: I don’t need a stick to walk, but I worship myself…"

    So, mengaku narcissist la ni?

    Well, you can always choose to not trust other people and get away with it, but I think at one point we will have to learn to put our trust entirely in Him. Life.. would just be impossible if we can't do that.

    But I agree, humans are never perfect, no matter the tendency to think that we are (sometimes).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I agree.

    Mengaku la...

    I think deep inside I am narcissist and egoistic. I know that I look into the mirror (more metaphorically) and I do get upset when I don't get things my way.

    However, I do try to exercise self-restrain in order to appear nonchalant. It's a struggle that everyone should do I guess.

    So true, but it's not easy. And the ultimate station is: "Indeed there is no fear upon the awliya' of Allah, nor shall they grieve" (10:62)

    ReplyDelete