Monday, April 27, 2009

The Dilemma

“Who am I?”
You just feel sad,
You also wonder…
“Who do I want to be?”
You keep on wondering…
“Does God love me?”
Then you realize,
“Do I love God?”
You keep on wondering forever,
Your pillow is wet with your tears,

What about the world?
“No, they don’t understand”
You comfort yourself,
“God certainly understands me”
You realize again,
“But I’m a sinner”
The tears keep flowing on…

Self-pitying is worthless,
“I’ve got to do something”
Then another realization,
“But this is not the first time”
You can’t even remember when,
“I’m just hopeless…”

The candle flickers,
A stray cat purrs outside,
You’re swimming in your tears,
And you’re tired…
Tomorrow is another day,
“Have faith... Have faith…”
Bismillahi ahya wa amut.

6 comments:

  1. atiqahmohammadkhuzainiApril 28, 2009 at 7:34 AM

    best.thx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam sister,

    Reading your post, i'd have to say Im sharing your sentiments.. May Allah continuously showers u with endless blessings, Ameen.

    Your sister in Islam,
    Jannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam sister,

    Err I believe you're addressing me. I am actually on the other side of the gender equation =) Jazakallah khair, but I don't think I deserve anything at all.

    PS: Interesting blog you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And mama ckap YANA emo. Hmmm apparently it's better to be emo & intelectual than just plain emo.

    But hey, this is really cool! 8D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Simply moving.

    You really can write brother.

    ReplyDelete